Selling a service contracting business
On-Site Exit Strategy
- Clearly define and establish the reasons for selling your business.
- Discuss reasonable time frames.
- Confidentiality. Discuss your concerns and the reality.
- Discuss thoughts on who is the right buyer for your business.
- Discuss how do you expect your employees to be treated after the sale.
- Discuss existing managers and the key managers transition with buyer.
- Valuation philosophies and what builds value within your business.
- Business presentation and how to present your business to maximize value.
- Due diligence. What does due diligence mean, what to expect, how to prepare and how to successfully navigate through it.
- Discuss your professional team and how and when to effectively utilize them.
- Employees notification. Discuss thoughts on when and how to notify your employs of transaction.
- General discussion on your plans to reward key employees.
- Discussion on thoughts to stay or go subsequent to the sale.
- Discuss and understand the time-line associated with a business transaction.
- How to manage seller’s emotions.
20+ Years Of Experience In Business Valuations
Know exactly how much your business is worth now and in the future.
On-site Exit Strategy FAQ’s
Who could capitalize on this program?
What if I am selling to an employee or family member?
I plan on using a local business broker and my own CPA to assist in my transaction, do I need an on-site?
Selling a business for many is a once in a life time event and there are no do overs. Your needs may such that you already have a local team, but isn’t something so important as selling yoru business worth the extra horsepower of someone who has been the not only the valuation process, but the sale process numerous times. Consider my expertise, regardless of who ultimately helps you sell your business.
I am not planning on selling my business for several years, why do I need this insight today?
The on-site program has been created to not only deliver key information, but to also serve as an information gathering exercise that will serve as a punch list for what you can do to increase the value of your business whether a sale of your business is two, three or five years away.
I don’t know the value of my business, is a valuation part of the on-site?
The on-site does not include a formal valuation, but more importantly I will help you understand what drives the value of your business, unlock some tribal lore that you should avoid and the theories behind real valuation. It is though these discussions you will have a reasonable range of value after our meeting.
Is an on-site intrusive to my business?
No, the on-site consultation is designed to be 100% low-key and in the interest of confidentiality, the meeting can be held off site. Your concerns for confidentiality not only within your business, but beyond the walls of your building are taken with extreme seriousness.
Get the Confidential Advice You Need
You don’t have to plan for the future alone.
Take the next step and call today.
Brandon Jacob has helped thousands of service contractors plan their next steps